Saturday, April 23, 2005

Can't take the pill?

When I was over at my parents house the other day, I noticed that both of them have devices that they use to prevent sleep apnea. If you don't know what that is, it's a condition where you actually stop breathing while you're sleeping due to the fact that you're not getting enough oxygen. I may be a bit off on that definition, but I know that this device helps by giving you more oxygen while you sleep and by that, it helps you sleep better.

One of the main characteristics of the device is the fact that it is a big mask that you have to put over your face.

After having a kid, one of the first things that the nurses at the hospital talked to us about was about birth control. It was an amazing thing to me, considering this was a catholic run hospital, but it's something that you really need to think about. I guess there are people that just can't wait to get back to business.

For me and Sarah, Gabrielle was birth control just by herself.

Seriously, if you have a young child, I don't know how you can even muster up enough energy to think about sex. I fell asleep last night at 8:30. 8:30!?! I haven't fallen asleep at 8:30 since I was 5 years old.

So, to stick with the religious theme of late, I have to say this.

If you're catholic and are looking for an alternative to birth control... have a kid. Either that or get sleep apnea. I can't picture anyone having sex with one of those masks on... although you would get all the oxygen you'd need.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home