Wednesday, April 20, 2005

I'm going to get a very hot seat.

As soon as the pope passed away and I realized that they were going to have to select a new head of the Catholic church I came to the stark realization that my brain is too in-tune with television.

The first thing that came to my mind was a SNL or Mad TV sketch that I thought should be made called "Vatican Idol."

How tough would it be to throw a few actors in robes and have them give mini-sermons in front of a panel of cardinals and then post the numbers for people to vote on them. I'm sure that there is at least one African American comedian on both of those shows that could put together a Randy Jackson impression in no time. How do you say, "I'm really feeling ya" in Latin? They could have a fake MTV bit called "Rock the Pope." Damn, why isn't anyone hearing these ideas in my head?

Another revelation that came from the passing of the pope was the reported fact that he died in his private apartment. Who would have thought that the pope had a Crib?

One minute he's an old man withering away in Rome and the next I'm picturing him decked out in bling and hanging with Xzibit and talking about installing green neon deck lighting on the Pope mobile. Another great insight into how my mind works.

(As a side note. I personally think it's great that my spell checker caught my initial incorrect spelling of Pope mobile. Who would have thought it wasn't one word. It's like the Batmobile, isn't it? Well, without the cool jets and stuff... but MTV might be working on that.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home